BID WRITER FOR BID PERFECT
Brilliant Bid Writer Needed.
Founded in 2007, Bid Perfect has become a well-known and trusted bid training and support consultancy. Our clients span every vertical market and we deliver bid services throughout the UK, Europe, and globally.
Our service offering includes: bid training programmes, permanent bid recruiting services, media and graphics for bids, bid process consultancy, and the supply of interim bid support personnel.
To supply our clients with direct bid support, we typically draw from a pool of trusted freelance bid professionals, but we are now moving toward a blended service of independent freelancers and our own team of directly employed bid writers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced bid writer, with a winning track record, to join our small core team. The job role will be varied and, occasionally, challenging, but it will never be boring! The person we select will work on our own bids but will be primarily working on bids for our clients, mostly in the UK but occasionally for overseas organisations.
The Ideal Candidate.
So, who do we need to hear from? Here are the top line requirements:
Skills And Experience:
- You will already be an exceptional bid writer, with a series of provable recent bid wins.
- Your experience will be concentrated on large, complex bids, with a mix of public and private sector bid projects.
- You will have several years’ experience as a bid writer, ideally with a sales or marketing background.
- You may have some formal bid training, (for example, Shipley, APMP, or Bid Perfect) but this is not critical. Of greater importance is the way in which you write and your understanding of what a winning bid looks like.
- You will be articulate, with an exceptional vocabulary and use of grammar.
- You will be highly proficient using the full suite of MS Office products and it will be an advantage if you also have InDesign skills (although this is not critical).
- A good educational background – good A-Levels, degree or equivalent.
- You must be able to work well and collaboratively in a small team and be willing to put your shoulder to the wheel when required.
- Speaking of teams; we are a collective. There will be times when we may ask you to become involved in work to support other areas of the business. We will want you to be the kind of person that relishes the opportunity to work outside your comfort zone.
- Bidding often requires working out of normal office hours, weekends and evenings, and an entirely flexible attitude. However, if you are the person we think you are, you will know this already. We work on the assumption that we all do what is required to efficiently manage our workloads, and take personal time to recalibrate when the pressure is off.
- You should be outgoing and conversational, inclusive and collaborative, and willing to learn new things.
What We Offer:
- The successful candidate will be offered an annual base salary of c.£50 - 60K.
- There will also be a bonus structure based on a range of annual milestone achievements and personal performance. The bonus could be c.£20K paid throughout the year.
- There will be four weeks paid holiday, rising incrementally to five weeks over three years.
- You will receive a further benefits when you have completed one year of successful service.
- Bid Perfect will also mentor and train you to continually improve your skills and knowledge.
- The role will be primarily home office based with an allowance for office set up, company lap top etc.
- Applicants must be willing and able to travel to company meetings when restrictions are lifted.
- Working with our clients will involve meetings, and, when restrictions are lifted and it is safe to do so, you may be required to spend longer periods of time in client offices in a variety of locations - travel expenses will be covered.
Are You Interested?
Please write to Marcus Eden-Ellis (firstname.lastname@example.org) and, in two hundred words (or fewer) explain why this job is for you. Please also attach your up to date CV.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Salary: Excellent salary and generous bonus plan
Region: Could be anywhere in the world